It's black and its like a rubber rapped around the inner rim of the bike tire. Mean is completely ripped out. What is it called and is it hard to put in and where can I buy it. Does Walmart have it.

Tagged with:

4 Responses to What is that rubber thing in a bike tire to prevent the spokes in the tires from pocking the inner tube?

  1. ez80227 says:

    rim liner.
    walmart wont have it but any real bike shop will.

  2. John Cook says:

    Rim strip, rim tape, rim liner

  3. SoccerRefToo says:


    It is called rim tape. I might suggest that the fiber tape is a better, stronger, and more durable product than the rubber!


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *